Discovered in 1924, the ancient (probably Roman era) wine press indicates that the site was indeed a (fruit) garden and may very well have been owned by a wealthy person, adding to the speculation of the site being owned by Joseph of Arimathea. It is located south of the tomb's entrance.
|c.||The upper basin would have been used to stomp the grapes with a layer of straw underneath to protect the seeds and the juice would have been collected in the lower basin.|
|c.||The wine press is not accuratly dated, originally there would have been a tent covering the press.|
|Latest Update: July 03, 2018|