The al-Fatah Mosque (مسجد الفتح) is one of the historic Seven mosques (المساجد السبعة), located south of Mount Sala' which was the scene of the Battle of the Trench. This small mosque was built where according to tradition the Prophet Muhammad's tent was pitched and he made dua (supplication) during the Battle of Ahzab and where Allah revealed the glad tidings of victory. It is one of the Seven Mosques built at the site of Ghazwa Khandaq (Battle of the Trench). This is the largest mosque of all, and it is located beneath of Mount Sala' on the western part.
circa 627 CE
The al-Fatah Mosque at the site of the Battle of Ahzab, view towards west. This small mosque, which is situated atop a small cliff is one of the most visited mosques in Medina, Saudi Arabia. It is narrated that this mosque is named as "Al-Fath" due to the account of the prophet praying here during the Battle of the Trench, and the battle ended in Muslim victory (in Arabic, "Fath" or "Fatah" means "conquest" in Islamic context).
circa 627 CE
Although the mosque is often visited by the pilgrims, there is no accounts in the order from the Islamic prophet Muhammad or in Sharia regarding the virtue of visiting these mosques. The Mehrab wall and the approach staircase with a few people. The mosque was built during the time of the Caliph Umar bin Abdul Aziz, and renovated by the minister Saifuddin Abu al-Hija in 1154 during the time of the Sharifate of Mecca. Most recent restoration, circa 1990 CE, was carried out during the reign of Fahad bin 'Abdulaziz al-Saud.