The Ablution Gate (باب المطهرة), is located on the western flank.
circa 1267 CE
The view of the Bab al-Mutahara from inside the Haram al-Sharif. This gate is located in the western corridor of al-Aqsa Mosque near the Cotton Merchants’ Gate which is close to the Dome of the Rock. It is the only gate of al-Aqsa that does not lead to one of the Old City’s quarters, but to an ablution and purification area built by the Ayoubi Sultan al-Adel Abu Bakr Ayoub instead. The gate and the ablution area were last renovated in 666 Hj.