Hi there! Until February 2021 all the costs were being funded by the volunteers, but recently due to the rise in costs it is becoming difficult to cover the costs. If everyone reading this would donate just $5, our fundraiser would be over in less than an hour.
No donation is small, you can make your contributions here. :)
Omar ibn alKhattab Mosque (Dumat al-Jandal)
The Mosque of Omar Ibn al-Khattab (مسجد عمر بن الخطاب) is one of the most ancient mosques in the north of the Arabian Peninsula and is considered one of the important monuments in al-Jawf and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in general.
The importance of the mosque is in its design because it represents the continuity of the pattern of the design of the first mosques. It reminds of the design of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina in its early stages. In addition, the importance of this mosque is in its being one of the oldest ancient mosques that its design has not changed.
- Antiquities of Al-Jouf Region, Hussain Bin Ali Al-Khalifa and Others, Antiquities and Museums Agency, Riyadh, 1423 AH / 2003AD, p. 114.
- Al-Jawf, Hussain Ali Al-Khalifa, Nawaf Dhabban Al-Rashed, Al-Jouf Wing, Janadriya 18, p. 5.
- In the northwest of the Peninsula, Hamad Al-Jasser, 1st edition, Al-Yamamah Publications for Research, Translation and Publishing, Riyadh, 1390 AH / 1970 AD, pp. 150-151.
- Al-Watan Newspaper: Dumat Al-Jandal is the first minaret in Islam.
- "Omar Bin Al-Khattab Mosque, one of the most important historical mosques in the Kingdom, Saudi News Agency". www.spa.gov.sa. Archived from the original on October 13, 2019.
- Bilad al-Jawf or Dumat al-Jandal, Geographical, Historical, Social, and Literary Research, Saad bin Abdullah bin Junaidl, 1st edition, Dar Al Yamamah Publications for Research, Translation and Publishing, Riyadh, 1401 AH / 1981AD, p. 110.
- King, G. (1978). A Mosque Attributed to 'Umar B. al-Khaṭṭāb in Dūmat al-Jandal in al-Jawf, Saudi Arabia. Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland, (2), 109-123. Retrieved June 7, 2020.
- Charloux, G. (2012). Known and unknown archaeological monuments in the Dūmat al-Jandal oasis in Saudi Arabia: A review. Proceedings of the Seminar for Arabian Studies, 42, 41-55. Retrieved June 7, 2020.