The Tranquility Gate (باب السلام) is one of the two portals of the Bab al-Silsilah. It is located to the north of the Gate of the Chain, and is also known as the Wizards’ Gate and David’s Gate.
circa 1267 CE
The gate was built and renovated during the Ayoubi era; it is relatively high with overlapping ornamented stones decorating it. The gate has a double wooden door with a small opening that allows a single person to pass through when the double door is closed. Today, the gate remains closed.