The mosque, also known as al-Amari Mosque or Zidani Mosque, was named after Zahir al-Umar who commissioned it's construction during his governorship of the region, and was in use until Muslim evacuation of the town in 1948 by British. Originally the mosque had a walled courtyard which has since been demolished.
|c. 1743 CE||Remains of the Masjid al-Omari, with its mehrab. The mosque was built using alternating pattern of black (basalt) and white stone, and has a single minaret.|
|Latest Update: October 26, 2016|