There are around 35c domes on Temple Mount
|c.||Dome of Rock is situated on the pinnacle of Mount Moriah, built by the Umayyad Khalif Abdul-Malik ibn Marwan in 691 (72 year according to Muslim calendar), and named it after
|c.||Dome of al-Aqsa is the lead sheeted dome over al-Aqsa mosque. Nothing remains of the original dome built by Abd al-Malik. The present-day dome was built by az-Zahir and consists of wood plated with lead enamelwork. Al-Aqsa's dome is one of the few domes to be built in front of the mihrab during the Umayyad and Abbasid periods.||N/A|
|c.||According to the tradition prophet Suleyman suspended a chain where now Dome of the Chain stands, which helped people to settle disputes, as the righteous approached he could take hold of it and the unjust found it out of reach. One of the oldest structures on the Haram ash-Sharif, it is not a mosque or shrine, but is used as a prayer house. There's another but rather week tradition that it is a model for the Dome of rock building, but this isn't very credible tradition as contrast between the perfect octagonal symmetry of both archways of the Dome of the Rock, and the mix of a hexagonal inner arcade and an (initially) fourteen-sided outer one for the Dome of the Chain. And there's no outer wall as well.||N/A|
|c.||Several Muslim writers, most notably al-Suyuti, claimed that the site of the dome of the prophet is where Muhammad led the prophets and angels in prayer on the night of Isra and Mir'aj before ascending to Heaven. Endowment documents from the Ottoman period indicate that a portion of the endowment of the al-Aqsa Mosque was dedicated to maintain the lighting of an oil-lamp in the Dome of the Prophet each night.
Originally built in 1538 by Muhammad Bey, Ottoman Governor of Jerusalem, it was restored in 1620 on the orders of Farruk Bey, the succeeding Governor of Jerusalem and completed during the reign of the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman II. Also known as the Dome of Gabriel (Qubbat Jibril) it serves as a symbolic monument rather than a religious building.
|c. 1750 CE||The Dome of al-Khalili or the Hebronite is a small domed-building located in the central platform of the Haram al-Sharif, north of the Dome of the Rock in the Old City of Jerusalem. The dome was built in the early 18th century during Ottoman rule of Palestine in dedication to a shaykh named Muhammad al-Khalili.||Wikipedia|
|c.||The Dome of Khidr, with al-Ghawanima Minaret in the background. Qubbat ul-Khidr is a free standing dome located near the north-western edge of the Mastaba. Originally built in the tenth century CE it was extensively renovated during Ottoman era in the sixteenth century. According to tradition it is built on the spot where prophet Khidr used to pray and worship God, hence the name Qubat ul-Khidr.||Wikipedia|
|c.||Dome of Spirits (Qubat ul-Arvah) or the Dome of the Tablets, is located in the north-west corner of Haram al-Sharif (Temple Mount). It is suggested (by Asher Kaufman) that the location of the dome is where the Holy of Holies (Qodes Haq Qodasim) of the Second Temple was located. According to the Mishnah, the High Priest stood on the Mount of Olives, and while looking towards the Holy of Holies (as it is in a direct east/west line from the peak of the Mount of Olives through the Eastern Gate to the Temple Mount), he would sacrifice the Red Heifer and sprinkle the blood in its direction.||Bible.ca|
|c.||Dome of Yusuf (Qubat Yusuf), it was built by Yusuf Saladin, in the late 12th century, and has been renovated several times. It bears inscriptions from the 12th and 17th centuries.
A rectangular semi-enclosed structure, the Dome of Yusuf sits upon a solid stone wall and is supported by three pointed open arches. On the northern face of the southern wall, there are stone carvings and a marble-faced blind-niche. The exterior of the dome is covered in lead sheeting and the interior is decorated with a ribbed pattern.
|c. 1817 CE||Built by Sultan Mahmud II Iwan of Sultan Mahmud II, or most commonly known as the Dome of Lovers of Prophet or Dome of Suleyman Pasha it is located to the south-east of King Faisal Gate and north of the Qubat ul-Sakhara. The basin of Sebil e Bab ul-Attim is also visible in the lower left corner.||N/A|
|c.||Dome of Ascension (Qubat ul-M'araj), constructed to commemorate the prophet Muhammad's ascension to heaven according to Islamic tradition.
It is understood by scholars as having been built as part of the Christian Templum Domini, probably as a baptistry. An Arabic inscription dated it to 1200-1 CE describes it as rededicated as a waqf. The structure and, notably, the column capitals are of Frankish style and construction, but some repair or renovation was done in or after the Ayyubid dynasty period.
|c.||Dome of Solomon (Qubat Suleyman), the Guide to the Holy Places (1470 CE) states that this structure belonged to Suleyman ibn abd-ul Malik, the seventh caliph of the Umayyad dynasty (715-717 CE) but the current building dates back to c. 1200 CE Ayyubid period. The structure served several purposes including a record-house for courts, al-Aqsa and department of Awqaf.||N/A|
|c.||Dome of al-Nahawiya (Qubat ul-Nahawiya), is an official office and it under responsibility of the Office of Religious Endowments. Located at the southwestern end opposite the Chain Gate. Established by King Sharaf al-Din Abu al-Mansur Issa al-Ayyubi in 1207 CE as a specialized shool of al-Nahaw (linguistics/grammer) it was converted in to a library during British occupation.||N/A|
|c. 1250 CE||Dome of Emir Musa, also known as the Dome of the Tree (Qubat ul-Shajarah), it was built by King al-Salih Najmuddin Ayoub in 1249 CE to be used by people for worship. It is named after one of the most notable Sheikhs who was incharge of the establishment (waqf).||Wikipedia|
|c. 1680 CE||Located between al-Aqsa and Moroccan's Mosque (Islamic Museum) Dome of Yusuf Agha (Qubat Yusuf Agha), it is named after its founder Yusuf Agha who is thought to have been the Governor of Jerusalem. Today it functions as an information desk for the visitors of al-Aqsa compound. It is a square building built on top of a square platform known as Mastaba-e Musa.||Bible Walks|
|Latest Update: October 19, 2016|