al-Fakhariyya Minaret is the first of the al-Aqsa minarets, it was built in 1278 on the southwestern corner of the mosque, on the orders of the Mamluk sultan Lajin, is the first of four minarets. It was named after Fakhr al-Din al-Khalili, the father of Sharif al-Din Abd al-Rahman who supervised the building's construction.
|c. 1278 CE||al-Fakhariyya minaret is located on the south-west corner of al-Aqsa compound.||Wikipedia|
|Latest Update: September 08, 2016|