Minarah al-Asbat is the last minaret of the al-Aqsa minarets, it is composed of a cylindrical stone shaft (built later by the Ottomans), which springs up from a rectangular Mamluk-built base on top of a triangular transition zone. The shaft narrows above the muezzin's balcony, and is dotted with circular windows, ending with a bulbous dome. The dome was reconstructed after the 1927 Jericho earthquake.
|c. 1367 CE||Minarah al-Asbat (Minaret of Israel), Haram al-Sharif||Blandin.net|
|Latest Update: May 03, 2015|