Jameh al-Kabir (The Great Mosque) was an early fourteenth century mosque, which according to the inscription on the eastern side of the minaret was built on the orders of Suleiman al-Nasiri in 1337 CE (738 Hj.).
|c. 1337 CE||This minaret is the only identifiable remain of the historic mosque.|
|c. 1337 CE||The inscription on the eastern facade of the minaret reads; "In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate. Ordered the construction of this blessed minaret, the one who needs the grace of God Most High, the Mawlawi, the Great Emir Suleiman en Nasiri, in the month Rabi al Akhir, 738 Hj. [November, 1337 CE]".|
|Latest Update: February 05, 2017|